We headed back to NE on December 30th and spent a day with each side of the family. We stopped by the farm and picked Gavin up from Grandpa Doug's and the girls got to help Grandpa pick corn and feed a bull some corn cobs for a few minutes. That evening we spent time at Grandma Harsh's house. Grandma Harsh's tree had fallen over on it's own, so we had some fun times posing the girls to make it appear that they pushed it over. We tried to get one to pretend to push it and the other to pretend like it was falling over onto them...but they were done messing with it before we got to that point! At the end there are a few videos of the kids opening gifts:
*I am going to start a running list things my kids say so that we have a record of them!*
11-26-09 Thanksgiving dinner. We are eating and begin talking about our favorite Thanksgiving food. We then got to talking about our favorite restraunts. After everyone has shared theirs, Kaylee pipes up, "I think Austin's favorite restraunt is mom."
11-25-09 Sitting at the table eating and discussing what they want for Christmas. Jaylin was describing the Barbie and the 3 muskateers movie and at the end of her description instead of telling about the whole movie she says, "Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah." Too funny and don't know where she picked that up!
11-15-09 Jaylin said, "He looks so cozy in his bed." If you ask them what they think of Austin, they both comment back, "He is so cute."
11-14-09 Kaylee was holding Austin and I came to sit down beside them. She then begin saying while pointing at herself first and then me. "I am not your momma, she is your momma. And no she doesn't have another baby in her tummy, it just looks like it!" She said this several times.
7-8-09 We have been watching 'America's Got Talent' with the girls and they love it. When they show the "not so talented acts," the girls definately have some funny reactions to the acts. Jaylin said, "what was that supposed to be mom?" Kaylee said, "that is definately not a talent, that would hurt!" That was after a man had his assistant staple money to his body...um yeah, not a talent! The really enjoy the young kids that perform and the dancing acts.
4-5-09 We sat down to eat this morning and when Jaylin was done eating she said, "I am a full Marvin now!" We say a lot as we are getting ready to eat, "are you a starvin Marvin?" Never thought they would call themselves a full Marvin...too funny!
2-3-09 Brett was down stairs replacing an electrically outlet and since he had to switch it out in the dark, the girls and I were holding flashlights so he could see what he was doing. As we were sitting there watching him screw the screws back in their appropriate spots...Jaylin says, "Gee dad, you are a good screwer." Poor kid had no idea why we were laughing and we weren't about to explain it!
2-2-09 I told the girls that we were going to Uncle Nathan's for a super bowl party. Jaylin dead serious comments, "Mom, Uncle Nathan doesn't have any bowls, how can we have a party at his house?" Little confused so I clearified that it had nothing to do with bowls, but about football. "Ok she said, Dad likes footbal!" Later while we were at Uncles Nathan's eating, she says,"Mom, thought we were going to eat in bowls?" So she still didn't get it! I reminded them that the super bowl game was on and told them that the Cardinals and the Steelers were playing. They resumed eating and later when we were sitting down and actually watching the game, Jaylin says, "Mom, what color is the takers team!" After laughing I told her the steelers are in the white and yellow!
Jan 2009. I am not sure why they say this, but after I ask them a question and they know the answert to it, the sometimes say, "Ask me how I know that." Then when I asked them how they know that, they say "Because I am smart!" Not lacking any confidence right now :)
8-22-08 See the next comment to explain the background to this comment. I was playing ball on Friday night with one of the guys that Brett works with team. After a few minutes of being there, Jaylin runs up to Jeff and gives him a big hug and says, "Do you like my party shirt and my party shorts?" He just had to laugh and later asked what was the big deal with the clothes she had on.
8-16-08 Since the 4th of July Party, the clothes that each of wore for the party has been named by Jaylin and Kaylee as "our Party Clothes". Everytime we wear them the girls will make a comment. At the girls b-day party, Jaylin looks at me and says, "Mom you are beautiful, why are you wearing your party clothes?" Well honey, it is your birthday party, I thought it would be appropriate to wear our "party clothes"!
7-26-08 Kaylee out of the blue came up to me and said, "Just talked to Grandma and she said she was on her way down!" OK honey! Later it started to rain and she pipped up, "Mom, grandma just called and said she will come down tomorrow b/c it is raining." Can you tell the girls are ready to see their family!
7-26-08 It started to rain and Jaylin went to the patio door and as she was opening it, I said, "you can't go outside right now." "'I know mom,' and she opened the door anyway and said out the door, 'Thanks for the rain God!'"
7-25-08 As we were driving home with the windows down....Jaylin began shouting, "I love you Jesus and God. Hey mom can they hear me?" Yes honey, God and Jesus can always hear you. She then proceeded to tell Kaylee to say it as loud as she could. So both were shouting, "I love you God and Jesus." out the windows of the car!
May-July 2008 When asked what their dad is, both of them usually respond, "my dad is a genius." Recently they have added cool to that. So now they say, "my dad is a cool genius!" I will get it on video tape before they are too old to disagree or think otherwise. Brett fed them the words in case your were wondering who taught them that....wasn't me!
Sometime in 2008- Brett works on the renovation of the State House (Capital Building) and whenever we see it driving by, the girl's say, "There is Daddy's building."
Started in May 2008- We have tried to teach the kids to use their manners all the time! Well, of course I still have to remind them to say thanks mom and one day I jokingly added, "you're the best." Well it stuck and they will usually say, "thanks mom, you're the best." That is fine at home, but not something I want them saying in public!!
No comments:
Post a Comment