Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Medical side of things

Skip this post if you are here for pictures and video's :)

Brett and I had an appointment in KC with the Reproductive Resource Center on Jan. 12th to look into the three miscarriages that we had in 2008. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours and in that time we discussed my history, had an ultrasound done, discussed our options, and they drew some lab work. Good News is that everything came back normal, bad news...we don't know anything more than we did other than I don't have anything else wrong with me! Our next step is genetic testing that is not covered by insurance...so that is not an option. So actually our next step is to try again when ready and hope and pray for a different outcome. If it does happen again, they want a D&C performed. They can send that off for genetic testing and insurance will cover that...go figure. The only other thing that I am to do before we try again is to see a neurologist for some other issues. I have been experiencing lots of leg pain and my legs go to sleep/ become numb if I am sitting for long periods of time.

So I mentioned the unmarried, unemployed lady in CA who had 6 kids via IVF and just had 8 more via IVF. My reaction to this is clouded I am sure, but non-the-less valid: That is beyond irresponsible of her and her doctors. Second, who the heck payed for the treatments...they are expensive. We all know who is paying for or will be paying for all 14 of her kids, but who paid for the all fertility treatments she received. That isn't cheap...we can't afford any help with the insurance that we have....so how can a woman who doesn't work, continue to afford fertility treatments?? She had 5 IVF's to get the 6 children that she already had....so they know that it was working well for her (6 kids in 7 years), why would anybody in there right mind put 6 embryos in....two of them split and that is how she got 8 babies that will most likely have life long health issues. She is one woman...just to be able to hold those babies 1 hour a day would take 8 hours and she has 6 other kids to take care of...not going to happen effectively...God did not design things to work like this! I do hope and pray that she has help for the children's sake, but it is a sad world if she makes millions off of this sad situation. I did see a video on the babies and they seam to be doing really well!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp=29097020�

I hear the saying..."children are a blessing from God"...and I believe that! So is this lady more blessed than those of us who don't have that many? To say I am still struggling with this issue is obvious....but most days/moments I do pretty good. I still have moments that I just break down and cry at the drop of a hat when I hear or read something related to babies, pregnancies and miscarriages. Sometimes I don't have to hear or read anything...I just get to thinking about the past year and I loose it.

Anyway..I have posted a lot of pictures and video's finally so check them out and don't be surprised if I don't get things updated on here for awhile. I seam to operate like that!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: