Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tired of being...

Ok, no one enjoys being sick and that includes us. We (the girls and I) have been sick basically for 3 weeks with little break between the two bugs we picked up. I just can't seam to kick this one and it landed me in the hospital for 4 hours on Monday evening. Not exactly where I wanted to be, but after lying down for an hour and waking up to back spasms and throwing up, my OB office wanted me to go in and make sure I wasn't going into labor. I was pretty sure I wasn't, but didn't know what the problem was so off we headed. We got there around 5 and after being on monitors, having 3 cervical checks (the first two brought on contractions), and receiving a shot to stop the contractions....I was sent home with a prescription to help with the back spasms. It doesn't take it all away, but if it keeps me out of the hospital for awhile longer....I can tolerate some pain! The middle back issues is probably from coughing so hard and throwing up from drainage, so that needs to go away now!! They did finally call me in an antibiotic on Tuesday....so by the weekend I better be healthy.


When we told the girls that mom had to go to the hospital, Jaylin gave me a funny look and said, "I didn't know it was November already." They know the baby is due in November so they assumed that since I was going to the hospital that it was November! 10 more days and it will be though!

I have 3 appointments each week until he makes his arrival. 2 non-stress test and a regular appointment each week. He should be weighing in just over 6 lbs. Jaylin was 6lbs 8ozs when she was born...so one more week and he should be bigger than both of the girls were when they were born. They were born at 37 weeks. I have started contracting, mostly when I am on my feet for a long period of time or doing a lot of walking. Stairs are not my friend right now and getting in and out of a vehicle hurts! My legs are worthless....stiff and takes them forever to adjust to different positions. So I am taking it as easy as I can...my goal is November and after that I am not going to go out of my way to minimize contractions. My body is exhausted and honestly I am not sure how it is going to make it through labor...guess it is a good thing that it is all in God's hands! Pray that everything goes well and momma and baby remain healthy.

Another prayer request: Next week is going to be emotional for both sides of our family. We always approach the end of October with mixed emotions and this year will be even more so! On October 29th, my brother Blake celebrates his 28th birthday and this will be the first year that he will not have Derek there to celebrate with him. This is difficult for all of my family so pray for all of us! Then October 30th, it will be Brett's brother Travis 10 year anniversary of the day he went to be with Jesus after a hay rack ride accident. This is the other reason why I want to make it until November to have this little guy. I think it will be easier to handle when he is still inside of me, instead of during the first week of adjusting to a newborn. But his arrival is all in God's hands.

Maybe the next post will be more exciting!

1 comment:

katherine said...

I thought this post was plenty exciting, just not necessarily in a good way. I'm so sorry you've been so sick and that your pregnancy is taking such a toll on your body. I will be praying that the baby will be born in God's perfect timing and that He would give you strength to get through labor. I'm working on an email to you.