We did decide to bunk the girl's beds. Brett mentioned it about a month or so ago. I wasn't sure about it at first, but after thinking about it for a couple of weeks, I came to the conclusion that they are 5 now and it would give them a lot more room in their bedroom. We asked the girls who would get to sleep in the top bunk and they both just looked at us with the expression....duh mom and dad, Kaylee's bed can't go on top so Jaylin will. Saying it with the attitude of a teenager. Since that was an easy decision we decided to roll with it and Brett bunked the beds with a little help from me...I am so much help right now! Jaylin's eyes were huge when she saw how high her bed is and honestly so were mine. I wasn't sure she was going to be ok with it, but we stayed positive and talked it up and she has done just fine. We talked a lot about safety and while it is fun to be that high, we can NOT goof around up there at any time! The head clearance isn't high enough to do much so really it isn't much of a concern. Neither of them can stand up in bed now or they hit their head on the ceiling or the bottom of Jaylin's bed. They both found that out the first night....ouch! Baby update...I had a growth sono last Thursday. 1st day of 34 weeks and he measured exactly 34 weeks 0 days. They took 9 measurements (3 head, 3 abdomen, and 3 leg) to get the measurement of 5lbs 4oz. If that is accurate...which I know they can be off, he is already bigger than Kaylee was when she was born. He is still head up and has until week 37 to turn my OB said. Given all that has gone on and the shape of my body, they probably won't make me wait it out and see if he will flip in the last 3 weeks. So if he isn't head down by my October 30th appointment, we will schedule a c-section for the 1st or 2nd week of November. My doctor is going on Vacation the week he is due (the 3rd week), so I know she won't schedule it then. If he is head down, I assume we will let him come when he is ready unless my body says otherwise (my body is ready to be done)! Everything on the sono looked good. Kidneys, bladder, heart, toes, hands, chubby checks, hair....etc. We even got to look at the quadrants of his brain as his head is right above my belly button and he must like it there as he is always pushing his head against/through my split abdominal wall. Brett tells me to be really really careful not to bump my belly on anything as his head will be hit if I do...and he is right. I can feel his head very clearly...so weird and it really makes me looked deformed at times. I don't remember that at all with the girls...I was just big! Anyway enjoy a few pictures of him and hopefully soon he will be joining us outside of me so everyone else can enjoy that beautiful head and hard kicks.
Chubby cheeks.....

Profile of his face.....

Foot....


2 comments:
I was reading your blog as you were reading mine. :)
I can't wait to meet that baby boy! I can't imagine him pushing his head through your split ab wall feels very good!
Too funny!
Yeah it feels great! Just like a kick to the bladder and the cervix feels awesome too! Whatever it takes to bring a healthy little one home...totally worth it!
Post a Comment