Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Folic Acid

The nurse from my Dr. office called with ALL my lab results and she said the only thing that came back abnormal was an enzyme level they check to see if my body processes folic acid correctly...well my body doesn't and I have what they call MTHFR. It is a genetic disorder that interferes with my body's ability to process folic Acid. My levels showed that I was only processing about 20-25% of what is needed, so they are increasing the normal dosage by 4 times and in hopes that my body will process enough to carry a pregnancy. She said this is hereditary and nothing I can do about it except take more folic acid. I haven't had time to research anything, but just wanted to quickly post an update for those that read this and might be interested. They haven't ruled out the ovarian cysts causing problems, but hopefully we have figured out part of the problem and are headed in the right direction to compensate for it! They will also start me on a dose of progesterone if/when we conceive again....so again time will tell and I am trying to remain hopeful that the outcome will be different than the last two times. But at the same time trying hard not to worry about things I can't control!!

How I had little to no complications with Jaylin and Kaylee is definitely a GOD thing! If anyone knows more info about this feel free to pass it along...thanks!

No comments: