This year was a little different for us...we actually stayed home for the first time ever. Honestly I was bummed at first thinking about not being back with family and going to church at my "home" church or at the nursing home with Great-great grandma Betty, but staying home ended up being just what we needed. Quiet time as a family was so nice and not having to rush from here to there trying to squeeze time in with everyone elimated a lot of stress for us. Which is good as I don't seam to handle any stress very well right now...different post for another day (maybe)!
We are headed back to NE Tuesday and will be there until Saturday. Time back in NE is always crazy fun...we run from here to there trying to have time with all sides of the family. Having family live within an hour of each other (but all of them 6+ hours from us) is a blessing and curse all at the same time. It isn't like we can say, "this year we will come back to see some and not the others." So we get to spend a little amount of time with everyone (almost)...never enough time for everyone, but we do the best that we can! The girls are really looking forward to seeing all their Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. Jaylin was "talking" on the phone today with cousin Cole and telling him that we need to come and visit him at his house soon. I haven't told them that we are going back, b/c when I do tell them, all I hear from them is, "can we leave right now?" We are looking forward to seeing everyone especially since it has been since August that we have seen most of our family.
Anyway here are a few pictures:








No comments:
Post a Comment