Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Pictures Thanksgiving to current!

Thanksgiving Day...my Aunt Brenda, Uncle Mike and their three kids Michelle, Rachel and Matthew along with Uncle Nathan joined us for a Thanksgiving supper.
Rachel with Kaylee, Jaylin and Michelle
Michelle and Jaylin We had a tree put in the day after Thanksgiving. I need to take a picture of it in!
Rachel, Matthew and the girls playing in the tent.
Michelle and the girls "sleeping" in the tent.
Jaylin and Kaylee playing with the ornaments, while I get them out to hang on the tree. They didn't brake any of them. I managed to break two though....rats!
Jaylin
Kaylee in her "favorite" outfit....Levi's ("like her mom wears") and a horse shirt that Aunt Misty actually gave Jaylin for her birthday. Just when you think you have them figured out...they change!!
Kaylee took a picture of Jaylin, little close with the camera, but shows off her big beautiful smile.
Kaylee being very goofy..check out those bug eyes...this is her thing to do right now!
She is just a goof sometimes!

The following two pictures are of the project I (and the girls b/c) have been working on the past week and half. Brett's work donates to the YWCA Battered Women's Shelter each year. Normally they just take donations of money and a couple of the office ladies go and do the shopping. I wanted to do something more this year so I volunteered to do the shopping for them and to challenged myself to make their dollars go further. Some of the things that were donated were already purchased prior to this last week and I got some really good deals on a lot of things. We were able to donate 131 items (including 10 packs of diapers and 2 ($20.00 gift cards) with $220.00. If one was to pay for these things when they weren't on sale and without coupons, store deals and rebates...it would have been over $500.00! I had fun doing it and the ladies that normally do the shopping were shocked how far the money went this year! I think I will be doing the shopping next year if we are still here...ya never know with his company and the economy the way it is. We are just thankful that Brett has a job! It will all go to a great cause and that is what excites me the most! Thanks to a good friend and several great blogs.....I have learned to shop way differently and save our family and now others a lot of money! It is no secret, just let me know if you are interested and I will pass the info along. It is a huge learning curve in the beginning, but after you do it for awhile it isn't bad.



Kaylee just had to take pictures today and so you guys actually get a picture with me in it...this is rare especially since I am the only one who updates the blog!

Have a Merry Christmas and we still haven't got the "Christmas Picture" taken....ahhhh!

No comments: