Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 1, 2008

Doctors

Man they get paid a lot to screw up as much as they do! This is NOT a thankful post! I had blood drawn in June to try and figure out why I was miscarrying. I was under the impression that we were NOT doing any genetic testing at that time and if it happened again then we would go down that path! Then I get a EOB from my insurance stating that they were denying a large sum b/c they didn't cover it (genetic testing). What? So I called around and got nowhere with the insurance, lab and my doctors office. Still to this day we don't have it settled...not happy!

Then we get prego again and loose the baby again and as if that isn't bad enough, I am going in for weekly draws to check my sure my levels return to zero. I hate going to the doctor anyway and then to have to go to a clinic with a bunch of pregnant women is just not a great place to be right now!! But non-the-less I have to go in on Monday's until I am back to "normal". Why do they call this normal when I definitely don't feel normal??

Monday (25th) I go in for my regular blood draw. I hadn't heard anything by the end of the day Tuesday so I give them a call, but of course I called too late in the day and the office switch board has already ended for the day. This is just par for the course with this doctor's office...I have not had much luck with them returning calls or getting a hold of them. So I wait until Wednesday and give them a ring, only to find out that they don't have my lab results and have no idea what happened to them. "What do you mean you don't have them?" I replied. She agreed to do some digging and call me back.

A few minutes later she calls back with no lab records to be found.....grr.

She then asks, "what exactly am I looking for?"

"A Quant of my HGC levels," I replied.

Then she proceeds to say that the one and only test that they needed was not even ordered.

"Excuse me what was ordered then?"

She said, "I am not sure it just says here that they were looking into the recent miscarriages"

"EXCUSE ME," I said a little less patiently and continued in a rather upset tone, "THEY DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO LOOK INTO THINGS FURTHER YET. My numbers aren't down to zero and insurance won't cover any genetic testing....so what exactly was order? I won't be charged for anything that was ordered without my permission."

She nicely responded, "I don't know what happened, but I will look into it on Monday after the holiday and get back to you when I figure it out."

So last week I found out nothing and if I have a bunch of bills that are not covered by insurance show up in my mailbox....can I pass them onto the clinic that screwed up in the first place! I am not sure what to do with everything that has happened....they just can't seam to get things right at this office. The doctor has too many patients and she and her staff just can't seam to handle the case load. Everyone else has had positive experiences with them so I am kind of at a loss as to why my experience with them has been horrible!

I did however go in this Monday ( Dec 1st) for another draw and asked before they took my blood....this is for a Quant only right. The nurse responded, "yes and I heard about what happened last week this morning. They are looking into it and will call you when things are figured out!" Didn't hear anything Tuesday about my levels so I called on Wednesday and they never called back!

I still have an appointment on the 10th and Brett is going with me. It may turn into a rather heated apt if they don't have things striaghtened out by then. I just want to go back the practice I had when we lived in Olathe!!! Some days I wish we would have never moved....we were happy in Olathe and while there are things that we like about where we live now.....it just isn't the same for a lot of reasons.

Check back later for a more positive post with pictures of the kids...sorry to complain, but this is what is on my mind.

1 comment:

katherine said...

Libbi, don't feel bad for complaining at all. I think it's fine to state the facts which is what you're doing. There are times when it is not helpful to count your blessings. I've been there, too. When we found out Dylan had cancer AND that we might never be able to have another child it just seemed like too much to bear. This is the same type of thing. Isn't having to endure miscarriages enough trouble without adding a less than perfect, less than responsive doctor's clinic to the mix?

I wish you still lived here, too. We miss you guys a lot.