Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 6, 2008

Why????

WARNING: This contains information that is news to most of you and it is NOT the "fun" news that everybody wants to hear about. It is poorly written, but I have never claimed to be a writer or master of the art of writing. I am not ready to talk to most people about it...hang with me, I will get there. We hadn't even shared the good news before the crappy news hit us like a freight train. We had plan on delivering the good news over father's day weekend! If you aren't up for this type of news today, read it some other time!


Some things happen and all you can ask is Why us?? Why now?? Why does this have to happen? Why again? I am lost and don't know what is in store for us! God help us and direct us where you want us to go. If that is to be happy with the two beautiful girls that we have and not to want more....then let it be! I just don't think I can continue to get pregnant and loose it over and over again. One was hard enough, but two is twice as hard!! The thought that it could continue to happen is almost unbearable! Help me allow you to show me where to run when all I feel like doing is hiding and not coming out until the storm is over, yet not knowing when the storm will pass. Please God raise the dark cloud that has overshadowed my entire being. God, I know that you alone are enough and that we still have a lot to be thankful for and I don't deny that you have blessed us greatly...thank you God. Lord protect my heart for is broken wide open and only you can mend it....so I am asking that you put it back together how you desire it to be.


Please God give us the right words to talk to Jaylin and Kaylee. They ask when do we get to see Jesus and God in Heaven and don't understand that we can't do it now....for if we want to see THEM, why can't we. For now we get to look around at all the beautiful things He has made here on earth and to imagine that we have so much more to look forward to in heaven.


Then to tell them that we lost the baby and they now have two siblings in heaven. They haven't seen or touched the babies, nor will they be able to until we get to heaven. We don't know when that will be......explain that to 3 year olds??? Time is a confusing concept and death is incomprehensible. The only thing that they have actually lost is a fish or a toy.....not a actual being.

We "understand" loss, b/c we have experienced it over and over again. It is a part of life, not the part of life that anyone of wants to endure, but is it there. Since Brett and I have been together, we have experienced several losses. Some were very very difficult, but they are still with us in memory every day. This type of loss is completely different. We never felt or touched them. They were gone before we could even make memories with them. All we are left with is this emptiness and nothing to remember them by (unless you count the plant my neighbor got us...thank you for the beautiful rose bush). Left with a lot of whys, whats and where do we go from here!


What I do know is this: We had just switched Dr's as I didn't like the one I had. The Dr I have now came highly recommended by the ladies (4) that live near me. She has a huge case load and only takes new OB's. I had an appointment scheduled for the end of June that was supposed to be my first OB appointment. That has now been switched to a "lets try and figure out what is going on with you" appointment! She wouldn't have to take me as a patient since I am no longer considered a new OB, but she has agreed to look into the whys.....thank you God for that answered prayer! They will run some tests when my HCG level return to negative and first make sure I am healthy physically and then try to figure out why I am miscarrying. Both times I was in the middle of my 7th week...so something isn't right with me! We will wait until we get things figured out with me and at least 3-6 months before trying again. Pray for us as a family, myself - the physical healing from this and that I am healthy. Most of all pray that we allow ourselves to see what God has laid out before us and understanding of why are we going through this. I cling to the hope that everything happens for a reason and he does in fact have something wonderful waiting for us if we just open our eyes, mind, and heart to his desires and plan.

Last thing I want to leave you all with is a passage that a good friend of mine shared with me recently! It is a wonderful to know that God knew us before we were even formed and knows more about us than we do or anyone else in this world. That one day it will all pass away and we will spend eternity with him in heaven.

Psalm 139
O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O Lord, You know it all. You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it. Where can I go from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me. If I say, "surely the darkness will overwhelm me, And the light around me will be night," Even the darkness is not dark to You. For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with You. O that you would slay the wicked, O God; Depart from me, therefore, men of bloodshed. For they speak against You wickedly, And Your enemies take Your name in vain. Do I not hate those who hate You, O Lord? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You? I hate them with the utmost hatred; They have become my enemies. Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any way of pain in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.

Hope your week and weekend is blessed!

2 comments:

katherine said...

I love you and all your babies, here and in heaven.

Valerie said...

Libbi,
You beautifully describe how immensely hard this must be. If you get a chance, read Psalm 13. It was helpful to me. Love you, and thinking about you daily.
Valerie