Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Betty Clapp's Surprise Birthday Party

While we were back in NE during Father's Day weekend, Grandma Harsh thought it would be perfect timing to celebrate Great Grandma Betty's 75th Birthday. Not to be confused with Great Great Grandma Betty's 96th birthday that we celebrated in April. Anyway....it was a surprise party and she was definitely surprised. The night before we were at Gavin's baseball game and Grandma Harsh mentioned as we were all leaving the ballpark, "don't forget that we were all meeting for supper Saturday night." Betty was all upset as she couldn't remember being told about the supper plans, but agreed that she didn't have anything else planned and could make it...good thing! I called her the next day to make arrangements to pick her up and she made a comment about everything being a secret...well this time is was supposed to be and I ignored the comment and said see ya at 6:30. We all got to the restaurant just before 7:00 and she just thought it would be Grandma Harsh, Gavin, Brett, myself and the girls joining her for supper. Well...it ended up being all of us plus about 12 others that trickled in right around 7:00. So we ordered supper and enjoyed Angel Food Cake with strawberries and ice cream. Her comment that I remember most was, "You guys aren't nice....I don't like surprises." I think she had a good time anyway!

Here are a few pictures of the event:







No comments: