Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 30, 2008

ER visit and Dr. Apt

After being very sick for two solid hours, having several other strange symptoms and going to express care that is 5 minutes away from our house, they insisted that I go to the ER. The girl's kept asking if the baby was causing my pain and I asked Brett to talk them through what was going on . We had been putting it off until we could both talk to them and it wasn't right before they went to bed. Didn't want to drop something like that on them and then say good night, love you, and see you in the morning! He explained that mommy lost the baby and he or she is in heaven and that mommy and daddy are very sad. I wasn't there, but he said they just both looked at him and said, "that makes me sad too." They didn't cry or ask a lot of questions...that was enough info for them at the time. Thank you God for giving Brett the right words and the right amount of information. They have brought it up several times since then and ask if they will ever get a baby and I just simply say, "I don't know and we will have to wait and see what happens. We hope so, but it might be a long time if we do." They seam OK with that.

Anyway, I wasn't "allowed" to drive myself to the ER, so Brett and the girls dropped me off and then Brett went to play ball with the girls. I know that sounds horrible, but I would actually rather they be at the ballpark having fun then sitting in the waiting room of the ER....I didn't even want to do that. Brett called one of the guys and asked if his wife would watch the girls. She could and the girls enjoyed spending time with Yvonne. I am so glad that they didn't come with me to the ER, b/c every sick kid and many weirdos were in the ER that night. I waited 3 hours before I got back to a room and I even had to share a room. I wouldn't have stayed, but the Dr. at the express care thought it could be a blood clot or an appendicitis. They ran some blood work and it came back positive for blood clots. They gave me a shot of Lovanox (?sp), a blood thinner and told me to come back in the morning for an ultrasound of my left leg. So at 12:30 (5 hours in the ER) Brett and girls came back to pick me up and we all went home and went to bed. The girls had been in bed for just over an hour when I called him to pick me up. They weren't even fazed by being woke up in the middle of the night. We got home, put them back in bed and they were out for the night. Kaylee the next morning came into my room and with a very puzzled look on her face said, "Mom how did you get here?" I just had to laugh as she was clueless to the fact that they came and got me last night.

That next morning Thursday(26th) I packed the kids up for a trip to the Hospital to have this ultrasound done on my leg....fortunately my neighbor called and said that she wasn't busy that morning and she would watch the girls. Thank goodness. The ultrasound didn't find any clots in my leg...which I am thankful for. But why did the test come up positive for clots???? They didn't insist on doing any further investigation and since I had an appointment with the OB on Monday, I just let it go and tried not to worry about it. That is one of the things they are checking with all the blood that they drew on Monday.

On to the Dr. Apt that I had today, Monday the 30th. I knew going into it that I wouldn't have a lot of "answers" and I that is OK. The doctor I met with today is new and has agreed to take a look into why I have miscarried two times. I was very impressed with her professionalism, yet she treated me like a person and not just somebody who needs help. She seamed very knowledgeable and offered helpful information without being asked and prodded.

Side note as to why I switched doctors: When we moved, I had nothing to go by and just picked a name of our Provider List from BCBS. Well that didn't pan out to well and I didn't feel like she was on top of the game. Even though she had seen us several times, I got this blank look from her every time we went in. She had no clue about our medical history. For example, I had the miscarriage in March and I went in for my yearly in May. She starts rattling through my medical history and the miscarriage wasn't on there. So I simply said don't forget about it and she looked up at me and said, "Oh I am sorry to hear that." Like she had no idea that it even occurred and I saw her in her office right after it happened. There have been several conversations like this and it doesn't make me feel like she knows what she is talking about. Every time I ask about the issues with ovarian cysts...so didn't act like she had any options or knew where to go. Same with Kaylee's asthma....she just doesn't seam to have any useful information and some I have questioned a lot of the information that she has given me. So needless to say I am switching offices for all of us.....anyone that knows of a good family doctor in our area, feel free to pass that info to me! I don't care if it is male or female....Brett won't go to a female doctor, but then again Brett has only gone to the doctor maybe 4 times in the last 10 years.

Basically all I know from the appointment on Monday is that she is requesting the rest of my files from when I was in Olathe and she ordered a ton of blood work. They drew 7 tubes of blood.....yep it hurt. I used to have good veins and they had no trouble when they needed to draw blood. A lot of things have changed since I had the girls and that apparently is one of them. They had to poke me twice yesterday and after digging.....she got 7 tubes and called it quits, they wanted 8, but she said she was done with me for the day and if they need more she will have me come back. Once the rest of my records are transferred and we get the results back from the blood work, we will hopefully know why and can head it off next time/fix the problem before there is a next time or be left with a series of more questions. Only time will tell.

Regardless we have to wait at least 3 months before attempting again...that is if I get a clean bill of health and we are ready to give it another try. It was very hard physically and emotionally this last time. I definitely went through more of a denial stage this time. I didn't get angry at the situation.....just felt a huge sense of sadness and lost as to why it would happen again. We weren't "trying" to get pregnant the second time....so I really had my mind set that this was God's plan and that surely He wouldn't have me go through this twice back to back. But I was wrong and it never fails...just when I think we have things "figured out," we get thrown a curve ball. I am slowing pulling myself back together and trying hard to focus on what we have and not what we don't. God gave us two beautiful girls that are for the most part very healthy, happy, go lucky kids that love life and make our life very interesting and challenging all at the same time.....we love them more than I could ever put into words!!
So after a very long week....here I sit writing this blog with no more answers to my WHY's than I had three weeks ago. One thing has not changed and it never will....God is there and whatever comes our way, we will get through it.

Have a great week!

No comments: