So I kinda figured I might be headed this direction with the way my body has been reacting to the "normal stresses" of our daily routine. Well, it was confirmed today at my 31 week appointment...my blood pressure is higher than it should be. We are not talking off the charts high, but high enough that they want to watch it closely. What that means for myself and the baby...Non-stress tests twice a week in addition to my my regularly scheduled OB appointments to make sure that myself and baby remain healthy. I also get to do a 24 hour urine analysis which doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun....bummer!
Please pray that my blood pressure stays manageable, baby remains healthy, protein does NOT show up in my urine, and my body holds out as long as possible. Ultimately we are all in God's hands and he is the only one who knows what our future holds. Just praying that our future holds me staying healthy and bringing home a healthy little boy!
Lighter side of things....Brett and I think we have the name narrowed down to a couple of names, but he wants to keep them to ourselves until he arrives. I am pretty sure I may have told a few people what some our favorites were before he announced that he didn't want me sharing the name...so if you already know...lucky you, but the rest of you will have to wait!
UPDATE: Friday's Non-stress test was good. He was very active during the test and his heart rate was going up just as expected during the activity. He kept kicking the monitor...he doesn't like to be pushed on...seriously if Brett pushes on my stomach, the boy pushes back almost everytime. We don't remember that with the girls, but they may have been more use to someone invading their space!! So as of right now, he doesn't appear to be under any stress from my blood pressure. I will be going in every Tuesday and Friday for a 20-30 minute test and hopefully things keep looking great! My blood work that they took yesterday came back fine too...so we will just keep praying that things will be just fine!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment