Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Two Birthdays and a Funeral

Pictures will have to wait I guess as my computer is still being STUPID!!!

Happy Birthday Brett...he turned the BIG 30 on March 6th! My birthday is Sat. and we won't be doing any celebrating as we are headed back to NE for a funeral. Brett's Great Grandmother passed away in her sleep. She would have been 98 April 6th of this year! She has lived a great life and it is peaceful to know that she didn't have to suffer a long time and passed away during her sleep. We will miss her greatly, but she is in a better place now. She was at the age, where she could say whatever she wanted to say and often said it loud enough for everyone to hear it!! I still remember the first time I met her! She said, "Well your name is Libbi huh, do you like your name?" "Yes" I replied respectfully. She then said, "I hate that name b/c my daddy used to try and shorten my name to that!" Her given name was Elizabeth and she preferred to be called Betty! I didn't have anything to say to that...one of the few times in my life that I was left speechless!! There have been many more great quotes that we have laughed about over the past 10 years...but I remember that one the best!

I will do a Brett's past 30 years with pictures soon, but it will have to wait. I guess I can get some more great photos while we are back if we have time!

Until next week....maybe!

No comments: