There are usually a few months that we look forward to more than the others. March is usually one of them for us. Brett turned 29 on March 6th and I turned 29 March 14th. Last year of our twenties....how fast time flies the older we get!! We also make 3 trips back to NE and one of them is usually in March for Brett's dad's annual Bull Sale and then the girls and I spend an extra week back seeing family. The sale got pushed back to April this year and our birthday week was not like the previous years had been. I am really glad that we celebrated our birthday's earlier than later, for we really weren't in a celebratory mood this year. Brett did take Friday off so I wasn't home alone with my thoughts on my birthday. He worked, but he was able to do it all from the house. We just hung out, went to lunch and ran a few errands! My aunt had made a cheesecake while she was here and my neighbor made some spinach/artichoke dip and that is what I had for my birthday supper (freak I know, but that is what sounded good and I figured what the heck after the week I had). Brett and the girls had something else with their cheesecake.
People have asked how are we doing and I can honestly say we are doing pretty good. Much better than last week! God is Good!!! Thanks to everyone that has lifted us up in prayer! We truly believe that everything happens for a reason and that God does have a great and wonderful plan for our lives. We don't have a clue what it is a lot of the time, but if we are willing to trust and follow him, He will do great things. I have a hard time giving up control of my life (most of you who read this know that...just one of my many faults) even though I know that all things planned by God are great. We are reminded of that everyday....Jaylin and Kaylee weren't exactly planned, yet look how great he was and still is. They have been a HUGE blessing in so many ways and even during the past week they have helped us in dealing with the miscarriage. The girls don't really have a clue what is going on....all they really knew was that they were getting a sibling after their next birthday! We were thinking it would be a couple of months afterwards, but now it looks like it might be a lot more than just a couple! They still give the baby a hug almost everyday and that really tugs at my heart. We just don't think that telling them that baby isn't there and if/when we get pregnant again telling them baby is there will make a whole lot of sense to them. If they were a few years older, we would explain it more, but that is pretty complex for a three year old! For now we will just wait and see what God has planned.
I will try and get some pictures/videos posted in the next few days, but I wanted to put something on here for those that might check back after what would have been my 1st OB apt. I am waiting to hear back from the Dr. today, but only to make sure my hcg levels have returned back to zero.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment