Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pregnancy update

Went to the Dr. on Wednesday. High Blood Pressure is back, so the Dr. ordered another 24 hour urine analysis along with some additional blood work. We will know the results of that, hopefully by late Friday afternoon. If it comes back with low levels, than we will proceed as planned. He is still not head down, so I am not dilating. They will confirm location on Tuesday and if he isn't head down then early Thursday morning she will start with an epidural and try to move him into the correct position. If he tolerates that well, she will continue by inducing labor. If he doesn't, she will put him back in his "comfortable" position and we will take him out via c-section. She assured me that in all her years of practice, she has never had to do an emergency c-section b/c of trying to move a baby. She has had to c-sections, but she has always been able to move them back into a non-stressed position and proceed with a normal c-section.

If it comes back with high levels of protein, she will want to do the same thing, but possibly sooner. I am having headaches, gained 4 pounds in 5 days, and retaining a lot of fluid in the ankles, feet and face. All signs that could indicate we need to go sooner than later...but we will wait on the urine and blood results to confirm that. I have a blood pressure monitor at home (thanks to one of my neighbors) and I am able to monitor it if I feel like it is getting too bad. My levels are hoovering around 135/85. Sometimes it is higher and it hasn't gotten below 130/80. Doesn't seam to make a difference on how much I do as my highest level was in the middle of the night 142/88.

Pray that we all remain healthy and that labor and delivery (whenever it happens) goes without any complications and soon we can introduce our little guy to the rest of you!

One week or less!!

1 comment:

katherine said...

I've been thinking about you. Can't wait to hear about your little guy. I'm sorry you have had such a rough time. He will be worth it!