Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Week 18 pregnancy update

I had my second appointment with my OBGYN today and again I heard the heartbeat and had the opportunity to discuss some issues that have surfaced over the past few weeks. I am still really sick and still taking meds to keep food down. It doesn't sound like it will go away, but we can hope. There is two reasons for it. First when I was pregnant with the twins, my abdominal wall split and now it is herniating. "Good news" is the split is pretty good size and leaves a lot of room for the "tissue" to move back and forth and we shouldn't have to do anything about it until after the baby is delivered. Bad news is that causes unusual pressure on my stomach, it hurts, and it looks rather gross/freaks us out a little bit. The doctor has said that we should be able to have a normal delivery with the posibility of C-section if the hernia pops out and doesn't go back in like it is supppose to. It doesn't necessarily increase the need of a c-section. Second factor as to why I am still sick is stress...well we have had plenty of that to go around and each time I turn around it is something else. She will go in and fix my abdominal wall after delivery sometime as we are done after this!!

The other issue that I am struggling with is hard to describe, but I had minor issues with it the last trimester of pregnancy with the girls. My legs wouldn't work properly, it would take me a long time to change positions and walking fast just wasn't an option. This time it has appeared much earlier and it is effecting my whole body...legs, arms, neck, etc. They ruled out lupus when we had blood testing done last June and she doesn't think it is arthritis as I would be worse in the morning and it would get better during the day. I can't figure out what is causing it and she says that it may just be the way my body handles pregnancy and stress...yippee! It is though my muscles can't move like they need to, I will raise my arm and go to return it to the position that it was in and it takes awhile. It doesn't hurt so much, but it is a dull ache as I try to move/change positions. Anyone else had this and knows anything more about it, feel free to pass that information along!

Other than that, I just have normal second pregnancy related aches and pains!

I have started to feel the baby move and within the next month, Brett and the girls should be able to see/feel the baby move as well. The girls are super excited and have so many questions! They want to know more about "how that baby is going to get out of my stomach." I told them that the doctors are really smart and have ways to get babies out. They are not satisified with that answer and have said some pretty comical things. Jaylin said, "mom your belly button is way to small for that baby to come out of!" Kaylee asked, "are they going to cut a big hole all around your stomach and take the baby out that way?" No honey they won't. But I don't want to give them too much info and have them scared to death. If we end up knowing that we are having a c-section, I can then tell them that they will make a cut in my lower stomach...but what do I tell them if we have a "normal" delivery?? YIKES! Never a dull moment at our house. The girls are constantly giving the baby hugs and kisses.

Finally a couple of notes on the famiy: Mom is moving into her apartment Tues/Wed of this next week. Blake and his girlfriend Laura will bring a load of her stuff down and they might bring my nephew Cole with them to spend a week or so with us.

The girls will finish a week of preschool tomorrow and they have really enjoyed there time at preschool. It gave me a 2 hour break each day to get a few things done this week as well. They will have a two week break from it and have three more weeks of preschool in July before they officially start August 17th. Summer has officially begun around here as it is hotter than blazes out and the pool was put on the deck yesterday. I have neglected to take pictures, but I should do a better job next week..should!

1 comment:

katherine said...

Just sent you an email. I've been thinking about you a lot lately!