Just wanted to let you all know where we are and kinda of what our time line will be....flexible time line :)
We just had the hardest 10 days of our lives. While the memorial service is over...the grief will linger for much longer. Keep praying for our family as Derek will be missed so much....he truly was a great son, brother, uncle, friend and had the true servant heart of his savior Christ Jesus. He would do anything for anyone, anytime of the day and never expected anything in return. Just the fact that he was helping someone was good enough for him.
I am sure I will post about Derek on my blog and his blog from time to time, but I wanted to let everyone know what else is happening.
Before all this happened, my mom was packed and ready to move to Topeka to start a new job on Monday the 11th. Well, she is still packed and ready and we talked to her job and they have agreed to give her until the 26th of May to do whatever she needs to do. Right now she is still wanting to move to Topeka and give it a try, but she is still having doubts about that decision. Brett is going to head back to Topeka today (Tuesday) and the girls and I will stay in McCook to help mom finalize things. We still have a few loose ends to finish up with Derek and then we will load her up and move her down. We are hoping that we can load her on Wednesday and then head for Topeka on Thursday. That would mean I am driving a truck and a trailer back...never done that. Going forward doesn't concern me....I just don't want to have to back up!! We won't bring everything as she will be living with us for awhile until we can find her an apartment. The rest of things will be loaded in a trailer and my brother Blake will take it back to his garage (it is bigger than our house...seriously) and store it until mom gets her own place.
Lots to pray about!! The girls have been troopers, but they miss home and they are ready to get back to some sort of normal. As far as I know, baby is still fine. I had to cancel my OB appointment and will try to schedule one for next week sometime. I am finishing up my 12 week and still feeling pretty crappy. Stress has a part in it I am sure, but I am trying to stay relaxed and calm...little hard to do under these circumstances. My cousin Matt said to his mom, "if Libbi's doesn't calm down and quit worrying about things, this baby will be born with grey hair." So it was a rough ten days and I didn't hold myself together all the time, but who would? I think we have all managed to come down with a head cold and I am hoping that Kaylee is protected from it and it is more related to stress than an actual virus (if that is even possible).
Well thanks again for all the prayers and e-mails that I haven't responded to. I read them and appreciate them, but didn't have the energy to respond to them! I will post more later...don't know when that will be as the next few weeks might be a little crazy.....ahhh!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
A true servant's heart must run in your family. Derek is not the only Bodeman I know who gives and expects nothing in return. I'm so sad for you but thinking of you trying to back up a trailer did make me smile. I'm sure you'll do fine! We'll be praying for you.
You are still on my heart! I am praying for you especially as you are dealing with heartbreak and trying to stay healthy for that precious life inside of you. I'm thankful that Derek is resting peacefully now, but I know that your family must be torn up. I'm sad for you, but I know you'll persevere. Hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment