Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Pictures finally!

Couple of pictures of Kaylee with her mask...she has had to use it several times over the last two months....September was hard on her last year as well. Some of it is allergy related and we have figured out that we can't open the house to enjoy the mild days and save money on energy bills. All that we would be saving goes straight to medicines to keep her breathing well...I would much rather pay a little more a month than to watch her struggle. It breaks my heart every time, she is getting pretty good about it though! Never fun!! We have been hospital free for 2 1/2 years though, so even though she has asthma, we seam to have it under control for now and I pray that it stays that way! On top of allergies/asthma, we have had our share of sickness....Jaylin has been sick 3 times in the past two months and even Brett and I had this last round. I guess I can't complain too much as we have been lucky the last couple of years. I just hope this isn't a rough winter!!!
Below pictures of the girls in the tub...they love bath time and play until they are prunes or mom is tired and they need to go to bed:
This may be a little premature....but they are going to be Cinderella and Aura (sleeping beauty) for Halloween and had to show Grandma their dresses:
Speaking of sleeping beauties...here are the girls napping: (Kaylee 1st, Jaylin 2nd)
Jaylin being goofy:
Kaylee showing off her new Husker hat Grandma brought with her:
My great Aunt Sis (Norma) and Uncle Dale stopped by for a few hours last week on their way down to see Sis's brother. Good to see them, it has been 2+ years!! Thanks for stopping guys! Thanks also for the goodies and lunch...hope the rest of your trip went well!

Grandma Becky and the girls flying kites that we found on clearance...worth every penny...very funny! Don't worry I helped the night before and Brett got a good laugh at the both of us, I just didn't realize how funny it was until I was watching grandma and the girls try to fly a kite. I will put two videos on here, just turn the volume off as my aunt and I are laughing, our dog is whining and the girls are yelling in the background (I sound awful with the cold I have). Jaylin was running circles around grandma....just funny, especially from where we were standing!


Couple of pictures with Grandma and the girls....Jaylin wasn't cooperating...surprise!:

Side note: I do have a few "good" excuses as to why I haven't updated my blog in a long time, but mostly I just haven't felt like doing it...sorry!
Internet is great when it is working...stinks when you don't have it...we were without it for a week and it drove me crazy!

Sickness all around...the last two weeks have been fun....we have all had something and I think we are all about done with it. If I would stay inside, I would be fine, but there is just too much stuff I think I need to get done. Brett disagrees, but I think that he just doesn't want to do the things I have on the list or not on the list :) Landscaping, yard work....etc! If we aren't doing something with our yard and house, we have been helping others and while we really enjoy doing it, Brett is a little burnt out and needs a weekend of nothing soon or he will go CRAZY!
My mom was down for a week and I wish I could say we got tons done, but the truth is I felt like CRAP and when I don't feel good....not much gets done! Brett did manage to finish up the remote start in my mom's car that began last Christmas, but with the new vehicle and their great security features, he needed additional stuff to bypass the security and a lot more time than we had while we were back for Christmas to finish installing it. It is done now, so she can enjoy starting her car 10 minutes before she needs to leave in the blustery winters that Nebraska have (she doesn't have a garage to park in...so this is very nice to have!!!).
Mom, the girls, and I ran a bunch of errands that have been on the list to do for awhile now and we ran across a great deal at ACE hardware...Cypress Mulch on Sale. Well, we weren't going to do the rest of the landscaping until spring, but I had to buy a couple of bags to protect what I put in September :) Well it was such a great deal that I decided we needed to buy what we needed now and save a couple hundred dollars...great idea right! Well, Brett was impress with the savings, but this was not on the list for the weekend!!! So he got to stay home when I went to the get the bags! Lots of them...two pickup loads!! I completely over estimated for the front and side project, but we will now have enough to do all the landscaping we hope to do! Yes I am crazy...just ask Brett he will tell you I am nuts to think that we will have time to get this done this weekend. Well we got the front and back done and Brett still had time to get most of his work stuff done and watch the Huskers win this weekend! Thanks honey for putting up with me! The sides will wait until Spring and the remaining bags piled nicely on the side of the house!

Brett says he is taking next weekend off.....he has been doing something every weekend since the beginning of Sept...I suppose I can let him do that :) Not that everything has been what I have asked him to help with...he has helped the guys at work with stuff too!
OK so maybe this is all over the map...but that is just how my life is right now!
I will leave you with a video of the drama that surrounds us right now.....how I ended up with two very dramatic kids is beyond me and I am sure I will never figure it out! I really had to keep from laughing at them in this video as the were insisting that I stick my legs in the bath tub so they could clean them up for the doctor...I don't remember if I was dirty from working outside or I had a cut on my leg. That is what I get for not posting them as they happen...I forget what actually happened..anyway here it is:



Take care and have a great week!

No comments: